I am currently  conducting a survey that looks at the influence of newcomer
experience on contributor behavior and performance in Free/Open Source
Software communities.

If you have joined the LibreOffice community within the last 2 years, I
would like to invite you to complete the survey. I am interested in hearing
from people who are either technical or non-technical contributors, and who
have had either positive or negative newcomer experiences.

The survey is available  HERE
<https://limesurvey.sim.vuw.ac.nz/index.php?sid=14153&lang=en>  .
 It will be available until Monday, 29 October, 2012.

The data you provide will help understand the experience of newcomers within
the LibreOffice community. It will also be used to refine the survey before
it is later administered to contributors from other FOSS projects.

This survey is anonymous, and no information that would identify you is
being collected. The School of Information Management Human Ethics Committee
has approved this research project.

If you know members of the LibreOffice community who you think would be
interested in completing it, please do not hesitate to let them know about
this research.

I will post news about my progress with this research, and the results on my
blog: http://kevincarillo.org.

Thanks.

Kevin Carillo
PhD candidate
School of Information Management
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand