What's an official member? How to become one? What are the advantages for the member and for the community?
Thx
O.

www.orlandofigueiredo.net
LinkedIn/facebook/skype/twitter: of1967

Em 17-10-2012 17:23, Joel Madero escreveu:
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)
Hmmm, i still haven't looked but would be very disappointed if it really
is only official members.  However fast the application membership process
is it's unlikely to ever meet demand.  I'm hoping for a bit of a "snowball
effect" = as more people become members it becomes faster to process the
applications.

I'm not an official member either and even amongst those that contribute a
lot only a tiny percentage are officially members.  It seems likely that i
might even be thrown off the lists soon due to a few disagreements i am
currently having with the BoD.  I'm often in that position so it's unlikely
i would ever be allowed to be a member!  On the other hand some in the BoD
applaud me :)  [shrugs]
Regards from
Tom :)

I don't know much about their process. I know I applied and am waiting for
feedback. I know that to be a member there are a few requests from TDF.
They want commitment and I think that's the biggest thing. I've only been a
contributor for about 4 months but in that time I've become really involved
so we'll see. I agree, the survey shouldn't be just for members, that being
said, wording should change to not confuse people if that's the case .

Regards,
Joel