Le 27/01/12 16:51, Heinrich Stoellinger a écrit :

Hi Heinrich,

I have LO 3.3 installed on Windows/Vista and Linux-Mint-Lisa. The native
MySQL-Connector
worked flawlessly - at least for what I use it. As a "fall-back" I still
use the Vista-
System. But, when going to 3.5.0-RC2 today, I saw that - as I had
already noticed earlier
on, the connector cannot be activated. ODBC works - well, kind of!

Is your Linux Mint 64bit or 32bit ?
If it is 32bit, then try the Linux connector here :

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/

but it seems to be down at the moment or not responding (overloaded ??)

It is better to remove the old connector from your 3.5 configuration
first (if it was either copied over automatically or you installed it
yourself).

I have never built anything from source in LO. Could you point me in the
right direction,
please? Maybe I find the time to have a go.

If you have a 64bit Mint then you will need a 64bit connector which
means compiling from scratch.

The same goes for Windows, except you will also need to download the
mysql C connector library (32bit) from the mysql web site and put it
somewhere where the local git repository for the LO source code can
acess it.

The best place to start is the Developer wiki page :

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/

This will get you started with the basic setup of your development
environment. You can not build the mysql connector without having the
complete LO source as a local git repository on the machine that does
the building.

My personal experience was one of pain on MacOSX, and it still gets
broken rather easily on that, and yet one of ease on Linux, which is
hardly surprising since that is the OS of choice for most of the
developers involved in the project.

Alex