Hi :)
The HSqlDb version that is embedded in Base is a bit poor compared to using the proper version of
HSqlDb and then use that as a back end with Base as the front-end.  I think the result is that it
looks like 2 files but works a LOT better.  It's just the implementation inside Base is less than
great.

There are other back-ends that might be better if you are going for a larger database but HSqlDb is
quite good and very fast if the database is going to be fairly small.  For example Postgresql or
MariaDb/MySql might be great for a large database but not so great for a simple address book or
something.

Regards from
Tom :)