For some reason, when I went to a dual boot system, my laptop's wireless stopped working, and booting from a CD stopped as well. All I get is the GRUB screen to choose between Ubuntu and Vista. With OSs on the system, I do not have more than 15 gig for Ubuntu 10.xx and 30 gig for Vista.

My bios is set for CD/DVD before hard drive booting.

Now all I need to do is find out how to make sure Ubuntu/Kubuntu would boot to my monitors resolution [1368x768] instead of the maximum that the on board nVidia graphics can do [1920x1080]. I may just wait till I get my new monitor, in a few months.

Before I had to make the Vista laptop dual boot, I had no problems with seeing the "live" CD/DVDs. That is how I first chose Ubuntu out of the pack. It was the only one that worked in "live mode" with the old HP laptop's sound card. That was version 9.xx. Hopefully I will get that one back from a loan out soon. Then I can just dump the dual booting on the Vista machine. It is due for a wipe and re-install. Now that I do not use it to store my data on, I can do that with ease.

As for Unity 3D, I think my on board video can handle it, but I will not want to use Unity. After the monitor purchase, I will be buying a GPU video card, ATI 4850 or better. It will be about the same cost as the monitor, but give me GPU computing for my BOINC number crunching and do about 100 times the amount of crunching as my Phenom 9650 quad CPU gives me.