Hi :)
The /home and the linux-swap partitions can be shared by different distros each having a / on a
different small partition.  For Ubuntu i try to use 8GB partitions for / but it really doesn't need
more than 5GB if the /home is separate.  Most other distros can cope happily with much less.

If you use the same DE (Gnome, KDE, LxDE or whatever) then it can make some of the distros look a
bit strange unless you use a different user-name which often kinda defeats the object of sharing
the /home
Regards from
Tom :)