Hi :)
Yes, this is the best place to ask questions.

Someone here is likely to be able to help with your font problems but it should be possible to find
those fonts through a google search.  Also it should be possible for the person sending the
document to send you a copy of their specific ttf files although many people are unlikely to know
where their fonts are.

In Ubuntu once you get a ttf file just double-click on it to get a preview and down at the bottom
right should be a button to click to install the font.

Regards from
Tom :)