Although this is OT for this thread.  One more thing.

I don't read the list by opening all of the posts.
I read the lists in my preview pane as I quickly
scan the unread ones (chronologically).  If there
is a forced word-wrap, the rewrapping in the
preview pane is rather, um, distracting, as it is
on these manually hard-broken lines when I seem them
on the list.

Of course, rapid processing of the preview pane also
favors top-posting.

I guess there is tolerance or there isn't.

 - Dennis.