Tom,
The Windows "add/remove" program is probably even worse than its defragger. Revo gets pretty deep
into the registry - it may leave "main headings" in the registry sometimes, but it really does do a
good job of cleaning when it uninstalls a program. There are many computer "gurus", writers, etc,
that recommend it - it seems like anymore if you read an article, anywhere, about speeding up
Windows, RevoUninstaller will be mentioned. I know that it comes very close to removing everything
of Norton AV, which is one of the worst programs there is to get off your computer. There are even
special NAV uninstallers out there to help with it.
Roxy

Hi :)

Thanks Roxy.  Windows un-installers always tend to leave chaff behind.  It's
practically impossible not to.  Part of the problem is that MS 'have to' stick
with legacy systems such as the registry in order to be backwards compatible.

Generally using Windows means committing to re-installing it every couple of
years or just put-up-with the standard slow-downs from all the chaff and stuff.
I found off-line defrags with PerfectDisk helped a lot.  Standard defrags,
especially the default MS one can't defrag system-files which makes them almost
completely useless but Raxco's one can do Virtual Memory (=swap-file) which
makes a huge difference.

This RevoUninstaller sounds like the other part of the equation.
Thanks and regards from
Tom :)