2011/6/11 Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>:
Hi :)
You can reboot the machine with the Ubuntu Cd in and "Try it" instead of
installing.  It's the slowest way to try Ubuntu but it's still often faster that
way than Windows.

Well, it's slow from the CD, so I prefer to make a Live USB stick
instead. Much faster, but still not as fast as a native install.

But enough about that now, aren't we supposed to discuss LibreOffice here…? :P

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

Actually the 10.04 and the 10.10 are a bit quirky so i tend to choose the
"Install it" option and then at the next page go "Back" and then try the "Try
it" option. [sigh]  It takes maybe 10-15 mins to get to a working desktop using
the Cd but Firefox is on the top taskbar and it's worth checking how fast that
works at surfing a few sites.

Regards from
Tom :)