Hi :)
Thanks :)  Good to see a few copy-left programs in your list of archive
managers.  Some of those look familiar but i haven't tried them. :)

If you open the file-browser and then click on something like
Tools - "Folder Options" - "File Types" (2nd or 3rd tab of 4?)
then you'll see that each file-ending/extension has several sub-categories.  I
don't think those sub-categories are set by which program created the file =
that would be too easy.

It is true that if you take a file in Windows and rename it to make the
file-ending/extension some random 3 letters then suddenly Windows can't decide
what to open the file with.  It can be a sneaky way of blocking access to anyone
that doesn't know how to use the "Open with .." functionality, ie most Windows
users.

Wow!  I was able to open ods and odp with an archive manager to get at the
separate component parts of the files.  I've never had much difficulty with Open
Document Formats so i hadn't tried before.
Thanks and regards from
Tom :)