Hi Sophie,

On 12/11/2020 15.25, sophi wrote:
From my personal understanding, "rolling" isn't what I'd use to describe
the LibreOffice release process (where there is a release schedule in
advance and features/bugfixes/bugs always enter with a distinct new
release, not "at any unknown point in time", as can happen for rolling
releases like OpenSUSE Tumbleweed or Debian unstable where new packages
can enter at any point in time).

IMHO, "Semi-annual Edition" would match our release model more
precisely, since we have two new major releases every year, and it would
make clear that whoever uses these versions should be prepared to
upgrade to the next version every 6 months (as opposed to LTS versions).
CREATIVE: I feel this proposal closer to what I wrote for
ROLLING/TUMBLEWEED and indeed, I like it. :)

I agree with you. But I find the rolling concept interesting too.

I wouldn't say I don't find the rolling release concept interesting in
general, but switching to a rolling release model would IMHO at least
also require a fundamental change to our development process, otherwise
I'd really be worried about stability and the overall user experience of
TDF releases (assuming rolling release basically means "build from
current git master branch every N weeks/months").

"Creative" sounds good, but at least from my personal user perspective,
I'd probably wonder at first whether "Creative Edition" is the right one
for me, since I don't feel that what I'm usually doing with LibreOffice
is particularly creative (like writing some official letters from time
to time or do some calculations in a spreadsheet). :)

Oh, I've seen official letters made in very creative ways, like
embedding tables in tables in the header, free styles, empty paragraphs
to jump to the next page, etc. ;-)

Oh, very true, I've seen very creative documents in my work context as
well. My own personal ones are very boring, though. ;)

The label aims to qualify the product more than the way the user will
use it. If you look at the rationale I gave for the word, they are
mostly talking about the project and the product. Only the last one
could be considered as directed to the user, a reference to commons
universally accessible.

That makes sense. The above was just what my own first impression as a
user would have been; it certainly wouldn't have kept me from using the
product. :)

Michael