On 17/07/2013 10:59, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

Yes, but.... why should it be up to us? It could be up to the OASIS
Consortium and other movements to take care of that.  I sound reluctant
here not because I'm not interested but because it's very important to
realize that we are an implementor of ODF. ODF as such is vendor
neutral and while we ought to push the use of  ODF we cannot "take
over" the promotion of ODF.

This is true, but on the other hand no one is promoting ODF, and
Document Freedom Day - while important - has an awareness close to zero
outside the free software environment. I think that we should propose a
global promotion strategy based on a few actions (starting from an ODF
icon set, which is sorely missing), and if no one follows us then we
have the legitimate option of taking it over.

In the past, this task was given to the ODF Alliance, but with the
demise of the ODF Alliance it is unfortunately true that ODF is slowly
becoming less and less popular.

Of course, to avoid being accused of hijacking the ODF promotion by the
usual suspects, we can have FSF and FSFE launch the campaign (and host
the relevant pages).

We can ping John Sullivan and Karsten Gerloff about this idea, and get
their opinion as well.

--
Italo Vignoli - italo.vignoli@gmail.com
mob +39.348.5653829 - sip/jabber italo@libreoffice.org