Hello Tom,

Your observation is correct I think. But then I'd say that these brochures will be  primarily
handed to people in venues volunteers of the project can exhibit. So you have to think of this
brochure in its usage and context. I have yet to see the guy next door stumbling on a brochure
about a FOSS project and adopting it.

My point here is that traditional marketing does not work for FOSS and this is why we should -let
me repeat it again- market our community, not the product. Product advertising.necer hurts of
course and I am happy this brochure exists but it is one tool aming others, not what's going to get
us.more downloads.

Best,

Charles.

Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> a écrit :
Hi :)
I get the impression that the brochure we have been looking at is for
informational NOT marketing purposes.  It's going to be for people that
have already been attracted to the product and want to know more.

For kids or even just normal marketing it's going to need to be MUCH
less verbose and have a lot more images rather than words, and a lot of
white-space too of course.