Hi!

On Sunday 14 October 2012, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 01:46:49PM +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
I like the various ideas. What about a combination:
- link during download
- at the end of the installation process there is a small text +
pointer / link. And mention that there is an entry in the Help menu.
- a menu Help > Support LibreOffice

Sounds all quite sensible to me, if not too intrusive. Could you file
EasyHacks for those, if they are not fundamentally objected -- the details
can be fleshed out later, when we have a taker for the task.

There is one legal aspect in this plan that would need to be considered. On
the website we have made some reasonable adjustments to avoid directing
Finnish visitors to the donation page because asking for donations requires a
special perimit in Finland. How can we do the same if the request for donation
is part of the actual product?

This may be important because we have one download mirror in Finland and of
course people are distributing the software on physical media (CDs etc.). If
we add donation links to the product then the mirror operator and local people
who produce such CDs could be held accountable for unauthorized donation
campaing. The problem is not theoretical, there is a recent real example where
a Kickstarter project had to be cancelled due to a letter from Finnish
National Police Board:

  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/senja/senja-teaches-you-swedish-and-
finnish/posts/305404

On the long run it would be great to just get the required permit. I can try
to help with that but it will not be an easy or fast formality. Would we need
to have a separate build to distribute in Finland or would it be sufficient to
just work this around in Finnish localization? I really don't know.

Harri