On 05/27/2011 10:00 AM, drew wrote:
On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 09:27 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-05-27 06:50, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions a écrit :
Marc,
I wish I had someone like you helping out with my college papers. After
I married, my wife helped some, but with her affected by Alzheimer's I
do not have any to help me with writing [i.e. grammar, etc.] my documents.

Between Dyslexia and the strokes, I lost much of the abilities I had.

So thanks Marc for finding the grammar, and other writing, issues with
the paperwork Drew and other are working on for LibreOffice Marketing.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but most of my comments are just that
and Drew and others are free to comment differently as well. We all get
to offer our opinions on the text.
Howdy all,

First let me agree with Tim on this - thanks a lot for all the time you
put in on this and other work here.

Now - it turns out we also got a great submittal from Tom on this - he
sent it via direct emial, so as to have files attached.

So - I've pushed Tom's update to the wiki

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibO-Pamphlet-platforms-support.pdf

and of course the odt also.

Now, will apply Marc's latest comments to that, which works really well
as Marc concentrated on page 2 and Tom on page 1...excellent..

Back when that is done and uploaded

Thanks much

//drew

Drew, do you know on your Wiki User page[s] that list what has been completed for the DVD, your links for the pamphlet and the insert are either wrong or just way out of date.

I miss the module icons on the above PDF [BSD pamphlet] for Writer, Calc, etc., etc..

On page 1 bottom of middle column
Why did you make LibreOffice -->  Libre in green and Office in black?

Is the link below that shadowed in black? Whatever it has look nice there. Stands out more than "flat" green.

Column 1
You have Linux with RPM and DEB under it, but how about Mac OSX having Intel [or x86] and PPC under it?

top of the column you do not have the "." list indented, but the second page you have them indented.
Should it be indented like the other lists?

For "Mac OS X", I know that form might be more correct, but for some reason, Mac OSX looks better to me.

Should Gnu/Linux be GNU/Linux? Someone might wonder what GNU means. I keep forgetting with it stands for, except it is not Unix but Linux. "an ongoing migration to GNU Make as a first step to more reliable cross-compilations from Linux to Windows ." This statement brings up the issue that people may want to know what the "GNU Make" means and why this is true. I do not know off hand myself. Could "Linux to Windows" include "Linux to Windows and Mac OSX"? LibreOffice does support Mac OSX and that statement could be taken as there are no "reliable" compilations for Mac's OS.

For the source code being available so people can compile it to BSD platforms, could it be "BSD and other platforms"? I just wish there was some way that that statement would not make some people thing that LO did not want to bother with any other platforms since they were beneath our "social class" if it was talking about people and not platforms. I use to be the "devil's advocate" in a lot of discussions in college and work since someone had to think that way so that the "other side" of the issues and problems would be brought up and worked on before the "public" thought of these questions.

I am glad you stated LibreOffice Applications instead of "modules" but some people would wonder if you could install Writer alone like MSO Word could in installed without the rest of the suite. But, that would make the software package much larger in size.