On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Ismaël Grammenidis
<ismael.grammenidis@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

2010/11/13 Johannes Bausch

Okay, I see your points. But still, I'd rather have some kind of
decision which logo and which symbol to use. I for my part find it
frustrating if I work on something which isn't used afterwards (okok I
should have thought about that before making the suggestion of a
competition).

Try designing neutral, clean and fresh, and add the colours later.

--
Regards,
Ismaël Grammenidis

2010/11/13 David Nelson

One of the rules of entry could be that, if their work wins, entrants
should be willing to contribute to LibO/TDF in the long-term, and be
part of the process of developing and maintaining their material.

I think you hit the nail there. This is exactly the problem we have faced at
OOo. People design and then dissappear. And to be honest, I can not blame
them. People's priorities change, and sometimes they do not have time
anymore to contribute to the project. On the other hand, we can also have a
situation where the designer is overprotecting "his" design and wants it to
stay "his contribution". This is why I prefer to talk about submitting a
design "proposal" where other contributors may add or change things. With
this in (open) mind we can reach more rather than just picking one "best"
design and stick with it. The point is to create an evolution in the design
until we have reached exactly that what would reflect the core values and
goals of the community.

Second, how do we want to spell the name of the product? Libre Office or
Libreoffice or LibreOffice or LIBRE-OFFICE?
There are a lot of things to discuss about before the actual designing can
begin.

Please, see our branding guidelines, and logo usage, all is described here :
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding

Kind regards
Sophie