Hello everyone,

I have been involved since several years now at OOo and played an active
role in the rebranding of OOo and in creating a strong guideline for the
logo. The icons was something different. I learned a lot of things, good
things and bad things. I agree to learn from the mistakes that were made at
OOo and we should take this opportunity to create an even stronger and
consistent brand without sacrificing user experience or usability.

First, we should have a solid base to start from, like values and goals for
the project. When this is made clear within the community, we can start a
branding project were people can post suggestions and samples of how the new
logo should look like. We should take 4 weeks until the last proposal can be
submitted. Then we have to look which design reflects these values and goals
of the community the most. That design can be the base for the creation of a
permanent logo. The logo can then be adapted and changed until we have
reached a consensus about the final look of it. And of course, like some
mentioned earlier: branding is something that is always in progress and is
never finished.

Of course, this is just my personal view on how to handle this. Please feel
free to comment your opinion about this idea.

--
Regards,
Ismaël Grammenidis