30.11.2014. u 9:10, Andras Timar je napisao/la:
Program UI isn't a typography showcase.
Of course it is! We’re building an office suite, remember? An office
suite which has to do with typography a great lot. And even if it
didn’t, it’s supposed to demostrate a level of polish and leave a
better, lasting impression on users. They do care about these things,
I certainly do as well. Even amateurish OS X applications implement
typographic quotation marks. Recent versions of GNOME core
applications also do. Windows Store apps are also in the boat. It was
only a matter of time.
Fair enough, but please invent a process that makes these cosmetical
changes transparent for translators. People don't want to retranslate
or review 4000 strings just because you changed apostrophes in en-US.
Not to mention that many languages are unmaintaned in Pootle,

Thanks,
Andras

I agree with Andras, Yury and other, we don't need yet another cosmetic change which serves no purpose and only requires hours and hours of work to get BACK to where we are now.

First we had those UI popup changes which changed access keys from ~ to _. Some strings also changed but most didn't have any change except that. That dragged on for 2 or 3 major releases.

Then in 4.4 we got some more cosmetic changes which add : on end of strings. Hundred of strings stayed same except for that, but hey, hours and hours of work again.

In 4.4 I also noticed quite few strings which only change was first capital letter on some or all words in string. I'm wondering if english has ANY rules regarding spelling or you can just put capital letter anywhere you want. Anyway, that was cosmetic change also, since all of my strings stayed same.

And now we have biggest challenge of all in front of us, let's change thousands of string in a way noone will notice, just those lazy people who have nothing else to do except retranslate same old string and try to write it same as it was. That's hardly possible since we don't have TM for new strings, only old.

Anyway, as Andras said, do what you want, but please fix all translations your self or do it in a way it doesn't affect hundreds of people.

Mihovil