On Friday 20 of March 2020, Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:
I fear a bit introducing a new implementation as that will just mean one
more implementation that we will have to deal long run, but I don't think
it would make things much worse as they are now - at elast we will know
what was audited to have a sane behaviour and what not.

 I'm not necessarily proposing a new implementation as such. Yes, something
like the proposed tools::NewRectangle would be technically a new
implementation because it'd be simpler to just write the class from scratch
rather than try to be too smart and share the code with tools::Rectangle, but
if it would be in the same header and had pretty much the same API, then for
most practical purposes it would be still part of that already-existing
implementation.

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak@collabora.com