On Thursday 19 of March 2020, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Hey Luboš,

Luboš Luňák wrote:
 So, yeah, I'm proposing a new standard Rectangle class (and I know
xkcd, and I'm still serious). My idea is roughly that there will be
some tools::NewRectangle (or whatever usable name), it will be more
or less like tools::Rectangle, but it'll make things clear [...]

Please don't put anything into tools anymore. Tools is a delete-only
module, and needs to die.

 So where should I put it? Especially given that it is meant to
replace/accompany the classes in tools/gen.hxx , so it generally should go
into the same header as those.

One question: any reason not to tweak the basegfx classes to fit this
model?

 Looking at those classes, I think their API serves some other purpose
than "simple point/size/rectangle", so the closest to tweaking them I see is
wrapping them in a completely new API.

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak@collabora.com