On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 02:05:05PM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
The second step however does not yet work as long as gerrit does not own the
repository. Thats why it is so damn important, that everyone gets his gerrit
account set up as requested a month ago, so that we can switch over completely.

"damn important" will not get you there, I am afraid - only explaining,
and making it no harder than the current workflow will do.

That mail one month ago was just asking to login to gerrit once and setup your
key -- not yet using it/playing with it (although that is appreciated too),
which is what I ask people to do now. I hope that we can switch over to gerrit
completely in another month and if there are a lot of people suddenly
"surprised" by the change(*), we might run out of smart, unsurprised people who
actually had a look at what is coming before.

So I guess the lesson is: Be smart, dont be one of the surprised people. ;)

Best,

Bjoern

(*) read not having set up and tested their keys