Is it worth salvaging the tests? Sorry for being so pushy about this
topic but I would be super happy to have the basic module contain only
language-related functionality :)

August Sodora
augsod@gmail.com
(201) 280-8138

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Noel Power <nopower@suse.com> wrote:
On 16/11/11 19:59, Petr Mladek wrote:

I am surprised that anyone still uses it. The following two bugs makes
me feel that it does not work for LO-3.4 and master:

testtool should work ( afaik ) on 3.4 ( I thought I fixed it there ), of
course there may be some tests that somehow now don't work due to some other
error or maintenance creep. On Master it is still broken, some effort is
needed to make it work, I don't believe the effort is worth it

AFAIK, developers does not like it. My understanding of the problems is
summarized at

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Using_Testtool#IMPORTANT:_Obsoleted_by_Unit_tests_and_Subsequenttests

+1 ;-)

Noel