Hi Wol, Kevin, all,

On 2010-11-21 at 23:48 -0500, Kevin Hunter wrote:

Forgive what might be a stupid question, but I've seen

String::createFromAscii

Will version 2 find those, and should they be replaced?
Not a stupid question at all.  Regular expressions aren't the most
transparent of creatures.

As I wrote the regex, round 2 /will/ find those.  Since I don't know if
those should be replaced, I assume that they shouldn't be, making this
"an edge case".  The correct procedure then would be a "Replace and
Find" as opposed to "Replace All".  This way one inspects every change
rather than blindly updating every occurrence.
Yes, even String::createFromAscii() usage should be replaced the similar
way, the UniString class (that is the class aliased as String) has the
appropriate constructor, ie.

 String aFoo = String::createFromAscii( "Something" )

should be replaced, with

 String aFoo( RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM( "Something" ) )

Regards,
Kendy
Fine. Fixes in base will appear as I spot them :-) Just one important
little point - the reason I asked is that I think the strings might
actually be being passed to a non-OOo library - will this break a
third-party library? (My C++-foo isn't good enough to answer this
question for myself :-)

Cheers,
Wol