Hi Joachim,

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 09:23 +0100, Joachim Trémouroux wrote:
- wrap current loadImage with something similar to this:
bool found = loadImage(...)
if (!found) {
  found = loadImage( default_icon.png ...)
}
return found

        That sounds fine :-) I suggest we simply remove the boolean value to
loadImage - since, in fact we will always return an image of some sort,
and clean this up.

        Luckily the ImpImageTree thing is very much an internal VCL API - we
should also move the 'impimagetree.hxx' header to make it a private
internal VCL only header I think (ie. in inc/ not in inc/vcl) since it
is not used outside, and update the backends.

Furthermore, the duplicate icons currently exist in several (4?)
sizes. So we could have 5 different icons:
lc_default_icon.png
lx_default_icon.png
sc_default_icon.png
sx_default_icon.png
default_icon.png
and based on the input name we can return an icon of the correct size.
..
Does it look ok for you?

        Sounds brilliant - though lets call it lc_missing_icon or something, to
make the intention more clear (perhaps) :-)

        We should prolly audit all the call sites (5 or so?) that include & use
the imagerepository.hxx header - and see if we want an extra parameter
to that loadImage method to get the fallback image (or not).

        Thanks !

                Michael.