Hi Michael,

Le 22 novembre 2010 22:07, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@novell.com> a écrit
:

       Really, of course - I'd love to have someone working on eg.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks#don.27t_ship_150_duplicate_placeholder_icons

       Which should be mind-numblingly simple and yet yield a real
image-size
(and hence performance) win :-)

       Any chance of a small detour on the way ? :-)

       Thanks anyhow,

               Michael.

I will work on this. I see two possible ways:

- wrap current loadImage with something similar to this:
bool found = loadImage(...)
if (!found) {
  found = loadImage( default_icon.png ...)
}
return found

 - alternatively, add the default icon path to the list of paths that are
passed to the ImplImageTree::find method.
I think this will be a bit less efficient as the normal case is that the
icon exist. Your opinion?

Furthermore, the duplicate icons currently exist in several (4?) sizes. So
we could have 5 different icons:
lc_default_icon.png
lx_default_icon.png
sc_default_icon.png
sx_default_icon.png
default_icon.png
and based on the input name we can return an icon of the correct size.

Does it look ok for you?

Regards,
Joachim.