[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs
- From: Cor Nouws <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 16:22:03 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heiko Tietze wrote on 5/13/19 4:10 PM:
> How do you know that it is Ctrl+Enter?
Experience. Found that out in the situation where Enter does not work
(e.g. Edit fields, but there must be more).
> Typically, a dialog has a default button that is linked to Enter (and
> another one to cancel the operation linked to Escape).
I know. Would be great if that alone worked in the dialogs where it
should be possible. Which is not the case. And then Ctrl+Enter doesn't
Maybe it is not the default button, but the Close/OK button.
> This is done by checking "Can default"
> and "Has default" in Glade. It would be very uncommon to assign any
> other key combination to it and I'd assume the Ctrl key is just
> ignored here.
I explained the situations where it's different.
And as written, it sometimes is Alt+Enter closes. E.g. Macro> Organize dlg.
> (The default is not set to ok when the dialog has potential hazardous
> results like "Do you want to wipe all data <Yes/_No_>".)
Makes sense of course.
Ciao - Cor
> On 13.05.19 15:57, Cor Nouws wrote:
>> Hi friends,
>> From dialogs in the past I know that Ctrl+Enter triggers the
>> default button, often OK. This is of course extremely convenient,
>> especially in situations where the 'o' is accelerator for one or
>> more widgets beside the OK button. This often is lacking now. Also
>> I sometimes notice behavior as Alt+Enter triggering the default
>> button. Makes me mad and is inconvenient.
>> This of course all in a situation with GTK3.
>> I'm of course willing to file one or more bugs on this subject.
>> But before doing so: has there been some design decision,
>> recommendation, or is there something else that I should know in
>> this area?
>> thanks! Cor
beschermt je privacy - respecteert je eigendom
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
- vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
- Member Board The Document Foundation
- http://www.nouenoff.nl / https://www.mijncloudoffice.nl
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs||Gerhard Weydt <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs||Cor Nouws <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs||Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Ctrl+Enter to trigger the default button in dialogs