[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem
- From: Jean-Baptiste Faure <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:41:04 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Le 28/01/2014 17:06, Mirek M. a écrit :
> Hi guys,
> Ever since we've adopted the sidebar, we've had issues with duplicate
> panels .
What is the problem with that ? That lets the user to choose the most
convenient way for her.
> I've been a big advocate of having a single place where to look for
I think it is not a good idea because with a single place where to look
for commands you are sure that an important part of the users will not
be able to find these commands easily. On the contrary, if you design
several ways to access to the commands, then you multiply the chances
for each user to find them and to memorize where they are in order to
find them quicker next time.
My proposition is to transform the sidebar into a container in which the
user can dock the toolbars she want. The idea is to increase the
versatility of the UI so that the user could configure the UI in the
best way for her.
Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem||Mattias Põldaru <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem||Rodolfo <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem||"Mirek M." <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Re: The Sidebar Problem
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] The Sidebar Problem