To me it unites the best of the classic toolbars (access to drop down
menus) and the best of the Ribbon UI.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 5:23 PM, Heiko Tietze <tietze.heiko@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 29.03.2018 18:02, Pedro Rosmaninho wrote:
IMO, the Groupedbar should be the chosen one.
Here are the reasons why I think it is the most suited one:
1 - *It has a unique look among Office suites
2 - It's distinctive from the Ribbon UI

That was my question. Personally I wouldn't go with the Groupedbar because
it has no advantage over classic toolbars, there is a lot of unclear
movement, and I doubt that Benjamin find his way easily through the
options. Not saying it's bad design.

And your reasons are different from the originally discussed idea to make
it easy to switch from other programs: "It's encouraged to have
Notebookbars that simulate alternative programs but "crazy" ideas with
completely new UI approaches are also welcome."

But it's up to the community, which is first the design team. So more
opinions please.