Hi Kendy, all

Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote
Is there any way to merge the Start Center proposed in this topic and the
existing in 4.2 Alpha with several tabs?

I'm sorry - too late...  I've just implemented the new design :-)

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/startcenter-new.png

Damn...
Anyway, it looks good much better than the current one (except for the
missing tabs :) )
Well done!

Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote
Having played with the new startcenter myself, I like it a lot, and I
very much prefer the tab-less design; please try the next nightly build
& report bugs - hopefully it works for you well too.

I will try the nightly build. Hopefully there won't be any bugs to report ;)

Jan Holesovsky-4 wrote
Rodolfo will be hopefully able to spend some time on the keyboard
navigation too; but still, that is something that we can fix during the
beta phase.

That is good (I'm a keyboard man, so I will be using those). I noticed you
changed some of the hotkeys (it makes more sense that Open is either Alt+O
or Ctrl+O) but be aware that some people will be annoyed for changing the
keys that were already standard since (at least) OpenOffice.org...

Using Alt+E for Templates AND Extensions is a bad idea :) It was a GOOD idea
to remove the Edit and the Window menus (they were useless when only the
Start Center is open) but maybe not for the View and Options which allowed
people to have a toolbar (personally I never used it) and to configure
Extensions and other options from the Start Center...

Best regards,
Pedro