Hi Rafael, Michel and Astron,

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 10:42 -0430, Rafael Dominguez wrote:

                  * No confirmation shown for "Set as default" (add
                some sort of tick or
                    star?)

        +1

        and in a future release, maybe add "something" to easily list
        all default templates.
        Ex : a new tab that just dynamically list the 4 default
        templates (writer, calc, impress, draw)
        Ex : or a popup in the toolbar that list dynamically list the
        4 default templates ; when you select one line, the template
        manager open the correct folder and selects the template.

We had this on the initial proposal but it got removed because users
found it confusing, i like more the idea of the tab than the popup.

I'ld be more in favor of some overlay icon for the default template as
Astron mentioned. It would make even more sense when we'll have the
blank files shown as (uneditable) templates in each tab.

                                   * Maybe a more obvious way of
                                closing the search bar might be
                                helpful
                                     [is that a bug?]
                        Like?

                A little X button at the end– but I'd still rather
                discuss that before you go
                for this

        The current implementation of search is so bizarre :
        Why not insert the search field in the main toolbar ?
        it would be so simple.

        in ascii art :

        today :
        .............(empty space).............|Search icon|  |Gear
        icon v|

        proposal :

        .............(empty space)......[   Search field   ]  |Gear
        icon v|

        the search field can have a placeholder "search template by
        name" or equiv.
        Usually, search field don't need a high width, because users
        only enter 3 to 5 characters.

Why you think its bizarre?? Most applications, hide the search bar by
default Ex: Nautilus, Firefox, i think it looks out of place inside
the toolbar.

My opinion on that is that the search field in the toolbar would make
more sense UI-wise, but it's also more complex to hack... so I would
keep the existing search button for the while as there are more urgent
things to hack on the template manager.

        And another requests :
               * in the "breadcrumb" (when you are in a folder)
        add some ">" between part of path or a visual element that
        clearly indicates that it is a breadcrumb.

Is something similar to nautilus acceptable, using buttons and setting
the breadcrumb outside the view window??? Taking into account that we
support browsing deep hierarchies of folders in remote repositories.

I'ld be in favor of the nautilus way... as we can easily vertically
align buttons, but not easily vertically align text with buttons.

             * in the "properties" dialog, show the real path of
        template.
        It'll also indicate if it's local or remote.

That dialog is an old one reused untouched, it surely can be improved.

Regards,
--
Cedric