Hi Rafael,

sorry for taking so long to answer – it took me a while to get a new master
build (somehow the --without-java option seems buggy atm).

On 9 April 2013 16:56, Rafael Dominguez <venccsralph@gmail.com> wrote:
- Import and Export icons are the same
No, they are different. Maybe the difference is too subtle then?
Well thats what i says in
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Templates_and_documents_rework/Design_Bugs
i was just trying to remember it.

Ah, right, I already forgot about that – I added my bugs to there. Perhaps we
should adopt a lightweight priority system there. (We only have to make sure we
don't replicate Bugzilla there.)

i invite you to try the latest master build, i been working on squashing a
few bugs
and working on the pending ones.

Yes, that's true, thanks.

  * Using "Set as default" makes LibreOffice crash when trying to use
    the newly set default template (Try with one of Impress's
    presentation backgrounds)
Cant reproduce in latest master build

Can still reproduce in my own build (Linux, x64) – will try a pre-built Windows
build soon.

I think in the end will just go for  adding a checkbox in the open dialog to
edit templates

I guess that's the best way to do it after all ... not sure why we discarded the
idea in the bug.

  * Can't selectively copy over styles from a template into current
    document (regression, don't know bug no.) [design needed]
I'm not really sure this would belong to the template manager, but more into
the Styles and Formatting dialog through the load styles action

Right, but it will touch the templates dialogue too...

  * "Sort by name" has large Galaxy icon (looks like Alex's instead of
    default) amidst smaller Tango icons
Well you can provide me with the icon or change it yourself if you want

Yes, I can change that myself

  * Down-arrow should jump to last item when there is no item
    immediately below current item
Cant reproduce in latest master build

Can still reproduce – a little ASCII art to explain it:
* = icon
|*| = selected icon
:*: = icon that should be selected when [↓]

  *   *  |*|
  *  :*:

  * Tabs blink incessantly blinking when moving mouse over them
OS?

Linux, x86-64, with GTK2

  * Creating a new folder should not need a dialog (just add a folder
    "Untitled Folder" and let the user edit the name of it in place)
Its a better approach but dunno how to make it work consistently for all
languages,
i know we can localize the name but numbers??

Not sure what you mean... what numbers?
(I am arguing for not having the New Folder dialogue, and instead just putting a
new folder in the view that is already in name-editing mode, like you can in
file managers)

  * It should be possible to create a new (empty) template (editing
    would happen via the edit button, but there should be some more
    help, like displaying big Edit button on thumbnail) [design needed]
Well i discussed that one with cedric and we settled that we should add a
blank item
so users can create a new blank document of the desired type, but if they
edit it, it wont be a blank
document.

Ah, that's another issue, I was talking about creating a new template not a
regular document – we scrapped that feature initially, but it would be good to
revive it, I guess.

  * Renaming templates is too easy (just click once on the name of the
    template)
What you propose instead?

The template should be selected at least. See the wiki page for more
explanation.

You mean like a visual feedback that the template is the default one?

Yes, exactly.

  * Resetting default templates is a bit complicated – maybe we can
    remove the submenu there since the category is already chosen [is
    that a bug]

Well i just did it as the old dialog, since that wasnt in the design, any
ideas are welcome
and well i think its more convenient

I'll try to add something to the wiki. (If I don't forget.)

  * Can't search/sort/refresh/reset default as long as a template is
    selected
Fixed in latest master and will land in 4.0.3 too

Thanks!

  * Maybe a more obvious way of closing the search bar might be helpful
    [is that a bug?]
Like?

A little X button at the end– but I'd still rather discuss that before you go
for this

  * Unnecessary whitespace at below of template names – grid should
    resize a bit more flexibly
  * No continuous scrolling in template list
  * No big, obvious Open button
So we have a more visible action besides double click?

Exactly.

  * Selection state persists across tabs – user gets irrelevant toolbar
    actions
Fixed in latest master

Works! Thanks.

Astron.