Here is a letter size brochure - work in progress - with text and graphics included so you can see what it could look like.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Brochure-lo-4---letter-paper-size--half-circle--inksaver---text-filled-in.odt

On 04/02/2013 04:46 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 02/04/13 05:52 AM, Issa Alkurtass a écrit :
Hello Tim,

Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote on April 01, 2013 11:58 PM:
I need a brochure that I can print out 20 or 30 copies whenever I run
out or need more.  This one does not work for my home office.

Sorry, I am not a fan if you cannot print it out so it looks good
without an expensive paste ink press system.

Tim: Thank you for your very good valuable points. Your arguments do give us reason to have an official template version (for offset printing) and perhaps a community version that is both optimized for the home printing and costs.

Issa suggested this latest iteration for us and I think that it looks great for our official version.

I absolutely didn't take this into account, as I said before I was just trying to match the website design. The dark title page was me making sure the title page didn't stand out less than the inside pages.

If we can all agree to it, that template could be used as the official TDF/LibreOffice v.4.0.x template. It will not be our community version for the reasons that Tim has explained.

I've made another version which only uses black and regular green (rather than olive) which can also works in black and white: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Brochure-lo-4---A4-paper-size--v4--websitelike--inksaver.odt

I know it isn't the same as the website anymore, but it keeps the half circle design while using a lot less ink. Also only the title page colors are changed, the rest is the same.

The "gray" background leaves white edges.

I think these should be cut/not printed for the brochure to work, because the half circle isn't meant to have white space above it.

Regards,
Issa Alkurtass
Warning: This message and its attachment, if any, are confidential and may contain information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and its attachment, if any. You should not copy the message and its attachment, if any, or disclose its contents to any other person or use it for any purpose. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail and its attachment, if any, are those of the sender, and do not necessarily reflect those of King Abdulaziz city for Science and Technology (KACST) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. KACST accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email.

I have printed out a copy and I have to say, that it does not seem to be too attractive in B/W.

Here are a couple of other examples that I have also made[1][2]. Have a look and see. I have used our official logo svg and changed the colours to match the website "olive green" as well as matched the black background.

I now have read that Tim is concerned with bleed-through or shadowing for the black half-circle headers and logo. It would have to be tested to make sure that these work.

These two examples mimic the website theme we have for LibreOffice v.4.0.4

Cheers,

Marc

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeVersion4BrochureA4WebsitelikeCommunityNoSublineAllHalfCircle.odt [2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeVersion4BrochureA4WebsitelikeCommunityNoSublineAllHalfCirclePanel1LOLogo.odt