I have attached a Letter paper size version of the "inksaver" version of the template, so you can upload it under your name. All I did was make it letter page size and adjusted the half-circle graphics to be used within those margins. The file name might need changing. [note: it will be stripped from the list posting]

As for the "no margins printing", my letter size printers have various minimum margin sizes. The only real time I get to print "borderless" or without margins, is printing photos. So you should make a brochure that does not need to worry about the small margins at the top/bottom/sides of the sheets. I decided to use a sheet margin that would work for a "panel margin" as it appears when the sheet is folded. I used 0.2 inches for the sheet margins and 0.4 inches for the column margins. When I turn off the "shrink to fit page" option on my printer[s], this works well for me with the various brochures I have created in the past.

One thing you should include in the "template" version is the font[s] used. You are using "Open Sans Condensed". I know that LO will list the font in the font "drop down window" even if it is not installed on your system. So to help people, please list the fonts, all of them. Open Sans Condensed - normal, bold, italic, bold italic, etc., etc.. Every font and font "style" used since each style has a different font file that needs to be downloaded and installed. Also, I had a discussion before [off list] about the use of "normal" verses "condensed" fonts for a LO file. There was some concern that the browser reading options, for reading LO files within the browser itself, that people have asked about may not work properly with a condensed font. I am in favor of condensed fonts to help with the formatting of the text to allow more information per panel, but the fonts used needs to be stated in any template that does not use "standard" fonts that 99% of the users would have on their systems already.

To be honest, having a file created background color never worked for me. Yes, you need to do that for the offset printing version of a brochure, since all they use is white paper stock, or prefer to use, since you do not find white ink anymore for systems. What I tend to do is make brochures that look good with colored paper. If the theme of the product is green, I see if I can get a pastel green to work for the brochure. I have one brochure that was a fund raiser brochure for a non-profit organization and it had maps and other graphics that printed well on about a dozen different colored paper stock used instead of the plain white stock.

Also, for the "home printing" brochures, you need to look into the "bleed through" of the image to the other side of the sheet of paper. Sometimes, on many types of "standard" paper stock that are needed to run through most printers may allow the printing on one side of the paper to be look "shadowed" thought to the opposite side of the page sheet. Heavy and dark graphics can do that, even with quality paper that is used with the feeding requirements for modern laser and inkjet printers. To compact the printer sizes, the internal paper "rollers" are getting smaller and the "stiffer" "heavier" stocks of paper can really have problems with feeding through these printers. Actually, I find that the heavy stock of paper, card and cover stocks, that are available at the local "big box store" office supply centers do not have the best print quality for a b&w or color laser printer, vs. inkjet printer. I am still looking for a colored heavy stock paper that can run though the laser properly and actually have a quality printing that does not "feel like" the toner will flake off any minute. I do not know why this is, but the paper seemed to be that was for the past few years now, or at least the heavy stock I could find that I needed to use. My color laser [dead now] and my b&w one I use now both did not like the heavy colored stock paper available at the paper stores. It was the same for the crisp printing of that same store's high quality printing/copying machine. Maybe it is just the way systems are now.

- - -

Now we need to get some "approved" text to go with the template. Marc and I were working on the text for the brochure[s] we were working on. Hopefully we could get some good edits to that text. I have been ill on and off for the past month or so, so maybe I missed some of that discussion, but it would be nice to have some "standardized" text and information for a brochure. We could design the "look and feel" of the brochure all we want, but without a good set of text and other information included within the panels of it, . . . . well it can be pretty but useless to our needs.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Brochure-lo-4-letter-size--v8-green-logo--no-tdf.odt

Look at this brochure's text. You will see what we are trying to make for a brochure that any "English users" could use or translate and modify to their own languages for others to use. The text is important and there are a lot of people with limited marketing skills so we need to make a "complete package" for them to use.