Yes of course !

Kévin

2012/11/2 Björn Balazs <bjoern.balazs@user-prompt.com>

Hi all,

perhaps we should do some user research on (some of) these topics instead
of
guessing around?

Cheers,
Björn

Am Freitag, 2. November 2012, 08:54:43 schrieb Cor Nouws:
Hi Kévin,

Kévin PEIGNOT wrote (02-11-12 08:31)

  - E-mail client (why not just use the OS default?)

There may be more choices for different use?

Well, you can only choose a single client, so the OS default should
do.
Are there any cases where the OS doesn't allow the user to set a
default,
though? What does LibreOffice do then?

I think LibO should display an error message explaining that the
default
e-mail client on the system is **** but can't be changed IF (only if)
it
detects others e-mail clients. Example : default mail-client is
Outlook,
but LibO detects Thunderbird is present. It asks the user if he wants
use the default one (Outlook) or one of the others ones. Of course, if
the
OS lets the user choose his default client, this option isn't useful.
Then, I don't know any OSes that doesn't let the user choose that, and
except if there is a really used one I think it would be a waste of
time
develop that.

Since the choice is only offered on Linux: maybe it is back from the
times that the desktop environments there were not so advanced?
On the other hand, from recent years I remember I did use that setting
myself to change the path to a new, updated version of Thunderbird.
Since I did not have to use it the last year or so, probably the
Thunderbird guys have better habits now ;-)
Still I'm not sure if that would be true for all Linux choices...

Regards,
--
Dipl.-Psych. Björn Balazs
Business Management & Research

User Prompt GmbH | Psychologic IT Expertise
Grünberger Str. 49, 10245 Berlin | www.user-prompt.com
HRB 142277 | AG Berlin Charlottenburg | Geschäftsführer Björn Balazs