In the organization where I work, we have individual smartcards for id
purposes, with which we can (and we do) sign documents. It is very handy to
have this information visible somewhere. I'd *really* like the information
to remain visible. The status bar seems the best place, unless some other
idea comes.

Ok, i didn't say it had no use, i said most users don't use it, maybe
we could hide it by default, make it available in View.

(page) Style information is always useful to have. This allows to not have
to click on the Style and Formatting bar, page category button, just to
know the current page style. Please keep it.

I meant the page number "page x of x"

Have you ever had dozens of sheets? I'm sure you couldn't see all of them
at once.

That's right, but  you don't always use it so maybe it shouldn't
always be there. Maybe it could appear next to the sheet
selection when you have sheets out of range, and make the
X editable (in sheet X of #)

Sum: I think this shows the value of the selected rectangle,
which you can see inside the rectangle, no need for it either.

You can change the function applied to the current selection (sum by
default): just right click on the status bar. Very useful, too. So, I'd ask
to keep that.

I don't use Calc much, you are probably right.

The mouse is evil :)
Many people use the dialogs to change that. Having the information
*before* calling the dialog is useful.

You are right, but maybe the info could be inside the dialog,
have something like "original: xxxxx   New: xxxxx"

The person looking at the presentation is not always the creator. There, I
can see the template chosen by the author, then decide to change to
something else.

Yeah, but it's not very common, and even in that situation,
not that useful either, if we don't remove it, we should at least
hide it in View.

What i say is that we should hide all the "might want" and
"might need" stuff, and make it possible to add it in case
someone needs it. That way we make it simple and pretty
for the average user, but powerful enough for professionals.