Now that we are past the language section can we discuss the feast of my
email? Digital signature, document modification, insertion mode, selection
mode, and all the other sections I talked about. Are these sections and
others still useful, should they be there, should they be removed or placed
in other locations?

Digital signature: Useless for most users, i think we should hide it
somewhere.

Document modification: Someone suggested to put an asterisk
on the title like other programs, i think the same thing.

Insertion / selection modes: I played around with them for a while
and they are generally useless, you can do all of that with basic
keyboard shortcuts. Also, most users have no idea of the meaning
of the weird abbreviations in the bottom. I say we remove it.

Page: Maybe you can use this... somehow, i'd say we take
it out too.

Visualization mode: if it was a selector it'd be ok... in the view
menu, or the toolbar. But a simple indicator is quite useless
since all you have to do to know what mode you are on is look
at the screen.

That goes for most programs, now to the specifics.

In Calc:
Sheet: The sheet selection is right above it, no rel need for
"sheet x of x"

Sum: I think this shows the value of the selected rectangle,
which you can see inside the rectangle, no need for it either.

I see other 2 spaces in the status bar that have been blank
all the time i have worked in Calc, i think that if they are not
needed for basic work the shouldn't be in the status bar, at
least no by default.

In Impress:
Position and size: How could you use that? These things are
usually done by eye, most people don't use it, i think it should
go too.

Template: No one ever bothers on checking this out, you usually
choose the template you like without ever caring about it's name.

Tool in use: Oh, really? i'm re-sizing this circle? i would have never
thought of it, Thank you status bar! this is soooo useful!

There's also a blank item in here.

Draw:
Slides: same as page and sheet.

Blank space: |      |

Tool in use: oh! i'm selecting a shape! wow!