Hello
im taking all this from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Writer_Status_Bar_Remaking

*For writer*
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/1/1e/New-libreoffice-writer-statusbar-v1.png

what is the digital signature.

why do we have the document modification. why not put it in the title bar
with a " * " like most programs do now days.

insert/selection mode... is there any other mode that you could be in under
these sections? my insertion mode is set to insert and the selection mode
is set to select... do we really need this section in the status bar at
all? if it was just the mode section it would make seance because you could
also be in insert mode, selection mode, view mode, possibly some other
mode.

Language... why do we need to tell people what language they are in. there
has never been a moment in my life where I had forgotten what language I
speak and read. i guess this could be useful for people who speak
different languages, but then again it does not take that long to recognize
that the words on the screen are not English. when I see Spanish, German,
or Swedish I do not wander if it is English. now I would not see the
difference between German and Swedish, but I could see that it
is definitely not English. so why is it even there?

page style is useful now. but if we implement Mirek's UI the user will know
what style they are using at the time because it seas it in the tool bar.
so if that point comes then will we still need to tell users what style
they are using in the status bar.

this just leaves page view, zoom/slider, page number, and section.

 I never change the page view but we get a lot of emails about it so I
don't know whether or not to keep it. I say scrap it and put it under the
view menu.

zoom/slider is fine.

page number and section should be side by side.

the only thing that people are always complaining about is that there is
not word count. I like in Mirek's UI you can click on the page/word count
and a popup shows you a lot of different stats about the document (e.g.
pages, paragraphs, lines, words, characters with/with out spaces, images,
tables, charts, OLE objects[I would like pages without pictures/tables/ole
objects, and sections]).

*For draw/impress*
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/3/33/Current_LO_draw_impress_status_bar.png

object description. is this a description like "shape" or "line". if so do
we need this.

pointer/object position/dimensions is  a must have.

 document modification/digital signature see above.

page/slide number. see above

slide design is like the style. do we need it?

*For Calc*
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/9/9c/Current_LO_calc_status_bar.png

sheet number, Yes.

page style, insert mode, selection mode, document modification,
digital signature see above.

Standard formula, Time/Date, Error warning I guess could be useful.