Hi Aleksandar, all,

On 11.09.30 04:28, Aleksandar wrote:
Hi All,
I want to thank you all for your support. I read all your emails and this
was great experience so far.
Tobias, I understand your point but please note one thing, my time is (and
will probably be this year)
very limited so I don't have time to create graphic in gimp/inkscape from
start.
I used gimp before and would like to use it again and I know about inkscape,
it's always great to learn
something new,new tool,new language etc. and it's not problem to work with
these tools but as I said
I am currently very busy and time doesn't allow me to do all that things.
My idea was to inspire people to create better graphic, to motivate them.

Aleksandar, don't apologise.

You are a Designer, one of the best we now have. What you use is YOUR choice alone, you should feel comfortable with it, you should feel happy when you make things using it. What it IS doesn't matter.

I probably should have left this thread alone, but it's disappointing to know that some of our members have this mindset. What we /create/ (graphics, in this case) is our /contribution/ to the project. NOT the software we create them with.

I've created EVERYTHING I'VE CONTRIBUTED in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign. It is what I use at work every day. It is what I learnt to Design in. It is as much a reason why I Design the way I do as my style or technique. If you are considering purging this project of anything not-open-source then start with everyone using a Windows or Mac. Anyone using Gmail to read this mailing list. Anyone who has submitted a PDF to our wiki. Anyone who did so using Safari or Internet Explorer. Anyone who used Picasa or dropbox to host their mock-ups.

I love PhotoShop more than ANY OTHER SOFTWARE on the planet. If you asked any of my Design colleagues, they'd say the same. If you told them they could not join LibreOffice until they started using Inkscape, they would create stunning templates for Microsoft Office in PhotoShop instead. And they are good people. If you forced me to choose between them, it would be an easy choice. Like a musician asked to part with his favourite guitar to play in an exclusionist band.

Have you ever considered that maybe some of the Developers are using proprietary IDE's? If that is how they work best, who are we to judge them? They still submit the 100% pure open code that makes the software we support. Get a grip people! Do you judge a presenter on the wisdom of his words? or the brand of his microphone?

-Nik