Hi Tobias, all!

Sorry for stepping in ...

Am Dienstag, den 27.09.2011, 22:02 +0200 schrieb Tobias Bernard:
so you used photoshop to create these?
man, that's not cool. graphics for free software should be created using
free software.

I share this view, but I think there is no need to enforce something
like that. Ubuntu uses Balsamiq Mockups for their UI designs, Apache
uses a Confluence wiki, and we build LibreOffice for Windows using
Windows :-)

Why do I say that? Because Aleksandar told me about his tools preference
in advance - and as long is able to read PSD files to a certain extend,
we should aim for "data exchange compatibility", not "tools
compatibility". I've heard many designers who simply prefer to stick
with their tools ...

[...]

free software is also about the tools we use to create it.
so please don't be scared and keep up the great work, but if you can find
the time (and haven't already done it), check out
inkscape<http://www.inkscape.org>(extremely powerful FLOSS vector
graphics editor) and consider using it for
future designs. vector is better for most kinds of design anyway ;)

I think the "keep up the great work" sounds great here - we should keep
in mind that Alexandar is very new to the LibreOffice community (free
software communities) in general and he might need a bit time to
understand our rationale and our general aims. That also means the need
for others being able to adapt/extend/rework existing artwork.

Again, I totally share your view Tobias ... so I'd like to invite
Aleksandar (and anybody) to ask questions about free software graphic
tools. An interesting page might be:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/User_Experience/Tools

Cheers,
Christoph