On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 11:48, David Nelson <lists@traduction.biz> wrote:

I've carefully read the pages put forward as pointing-up the problem
with taking screenshots under Windows, and I must admit that I don't
interpret them in a way that poses any risk to LibreOffice.

In the cited pages, IMHO, Microsoft is legitimately protecting itself
against screenshots of its own products' splashscreens, dialog boxes
and windows being hijacked to publicize other products. It is not
trying to limit use of the Windows platform by third-party products,
nor documentation of those products. It actually spends a lot of time
and effort promoting Windows as a development platform for third-party
products. And the Internet is *full* of screenshots of Open Source and
closed source products taken on Windows.

I completely agree with what David says here; that's exactly the way I
read it. The general view at OOo Docs was what David says, but I know
that some of the Europeans in particular had/have a different view, so
I've never thought it was worth arguing about. And perhaps Sun and
Oracle would have been happy to take on Microsoft over the issue if it
came to that, but TDF doesn't have that kind of money or clout.

--Jean