Le 2011-06-24 18:47, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :

I don't want to take this task, as I still hope that a standard theme like Clearlook would serve our needs (perhaps with some minor modifications for printable screenshots) - but perhaps someone else would.

With a standard theme (and a good documentation of any modification) the necessary manpower is minimized, and people can use it on their platform with minor effort.

Standard themes come and go. I think it better if we were to adopt in-house our theme to control it more.

If there are any modifications to the theme, this is where we start losing people. the KDE/Gnome settings (for *.nix boxes) make it easy for regular users to import themes into their own theme repositories. If there is(are) someone or people able to take into their care the LibreOffice theme then we will be better off for it. It is not like the theme will need changing often (hopefully not). It would be nice if we have people who are able to take it on and help out.

From a marketing point of view, if the theme were to incorporate the
 "LibreOffice" name, it would be a plus for us, from the point of
view of branding. People would then talk about adopting the
"LibreOffice" theme or "LibreOffice ScreenShot" theme or ... Getting
our name out in the wild will get us more brand recognition.

For marketing a Win7 like theme would be great - and I'd rather like to see more theming in the LibreOffice UI to fit with the user's personal desktop theme than in modifying the user's desktop appearance to fit with LibreOffice.

This said - a theme that transports the LibO branding to the users' desktops would of course support our marketing, but I would think that this might rather be used by people already convinced that LibreOffice is the best software package on earth ;-)

Best regards

Bernhard

Actually, if we do adapt and name our theme, our goal, like any other product in our "arsenal of products" would be to use it to our marketing advantage. We could easily market it as a theme optimized for screenshots and people would gladly download our "LibreOffice Theme" for this reason and not necessarily for LibreOffice reasons.

If we are going to be serious about quality document production, website, etc. then we should maybe consider adding the care of the LibreOffice theme to the list of responsibility of the dev team. I imagine that we could also enlist the help of the website team experts in this domain. It could be a shared responsibility and it doesn't necessarily mean that it is "someone's" responsibility but more of a responsibility of the dev/website or dev team for whoever would like to take it up.

Cheers

Marc

--
Marc Paré