2011/6/19 Budislav Stepanov <budo345libre@gmail.com>:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/d/d0/New_libre_office_concept.png
--

To incorporate app elements on the window decoration is something that
could start a bit of debate, I think. For my part, I'm against of this
"client side windows decoration" tendency that started a couple of
years ago, noisily voiced by some projects and quietly (but clearly)
rejected by others. But beside my opinions, the fact that several
players on the desktop "market" have different approaches (KDE
developers stated quite clearly they will never support it), I think
we need to let the desktop alone and concentrate on the app.
Also, for my part I consider that some degree of consistency with the
desktop is needed: if you will be in front of the computer several
hours each day using different applications you need to be comfortable
with your environment and that imply a minimum degree of consistency
between the tools you are using. Ideally, the widgets colours and
styles, file picker, etc. need to be set by the desktop, while less
used tools like print menu could be different. Obviously, there is
full freedom for specific tools like style editor or cross reference
menu.
After years of integration pain 3.4 visually integrates quite well on
my KDE desktop. I think this integration must be keep.
Just my 2¢
Cheers
Ricardo