2011/6/19 jlopez777 <jlopez777@gmail.com>:
We come back to these great points but what is lacking is proper
infrastructure and channels of operation. We speak of users with no data to
back up with anything and most importantly, no brand identity. Nothing will
come forth from this type of infrastructure if we split hairs on how it
applies to every single user imaginable, nothing will get done.

Agree. In fact because of that I'd said that we need a flexible and
easily configurable UI

I proposed a while ago with no comments a structure that dealt with the
foundation of the layout design. How can we speak of specifics, when we
cannot reach a consesus on keeping the layout as is, or introducing a
vertical toolbar, or customizable ribbon like layout (personally, we will
NEVER reach consensus if there is no BRAND IDENTITY of what LibreOffice is
and who its for...and lets not be cliche and say its for everyone because
that can be interpreted so many different ways).

We must come to a decision of what the GENERAL layout should be, then work
on menu/icon placement, then work on functinality, and last but DEF NOT
LEAST, visual appeal.

+1

We will have to put time tables up, because we can never progress unless we
all are on the same page regarding the need to progress and if a great idea
can't be fit in the timeline set, then we wait to introduce it in the next
clycle release. We can forgo all these great ideas that we have just because
we have to iron out every single aspect of it.

The tenets are great, but again, if we don't have a structure and not use
the current infrastructure properly, we will do nothing more but right great
emails about great ideas that never see the light of day. Im sorry if I
sound a little over the top, I really care, like all of you, about the
advancement of the value libreoffice can have on so many people.

So, I decided to do something a little different and create this site for an
alternative infrastructure that is meant to be smaller in scale, but faster
in pace in some respects. If you are interested in experimenting with a
different kind of infrastructure, and flesh out some experimental
designs...I especially invite you (anyone really).

Here is the link.
http://libreofficedesign.weebly.com<http://libreofficedesign.weebly.com/index.html>

I look forward to seeing where this goes...

Looks promising... Thanks!
Cheers
Ricardo