Hello,

If you put a scale in, does that mean I can either have Stability or
Features but not both? How am I going to decide what that even means for me
if I haven't used the software yet?
Why is 3.3.2 mentioned twice on some scales, does that make it superior to
3.4.0?

On mine, it was because it was asked for a version of the
adopt-o-meter that gives options for corporate users, home users and
"early adopters." However, I think it is a ridiculous idea (because it
is a lot of work) to try to keep three different releases fixed all
the time. and, as you note, it's confusing to every user except Linux
distributors -- many commercial distributions ship with more or less
outdated software and have to be kept up to date for years.

What IS an early adopter? is it someone who downloads in the next few
months? is this a new office suite?

You could say, a tester, but that would give people the wrong idea,
because, fundamentally, a .0 release should be stable, even if later
versions might be more stable even.

Does red/orange suggest that this isn't safe software? Does it indicate
higher processing/resource demands?

Probably yes, although Jan H asked to avoid the colour red if I
remember right, again a .0 release is not really a tester's version.
And: no, would you expect that?

- How are beginner-users supposed to know what "x86" means?

I concur. Slapping a "64-bit" behind the version now labelled "x64"
and removing the "x86" should help here. The 64-bit part is important,
though, as more and more systems run 64-bit OS'es and these users will
want to have an optimised version.

- Why is there no emphasis on the actual software download link as opposed
to the language/help packs?

The language packs have been eliminated as of version 3.4. I am unsure
how long the help packs are supposed to stay since there is the Wiki
help – personally I like to have an offline help file and found the
fact that Firefox now uses an internet help site only a step backwards
– such pages tend to be more confusing and less ordered than an
offline help file.
Anyway, the help file download should go somewhere in a sidebar or at
least be less pronounced (as in your proposal).

- What is with the COMPLETE AND UTTER LACK OF A *DOWNLOAD BUTTON* on this
"downloads" page?

I didn't notice until now, but this is bad. Although luckily not as
bad as on Sourceforge where you have to navigate through folders etc.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:PROP_DownloadsPage_110606NS.jpg

Thank you for this contribution. I really like your proposal, the
wording is sometimes a bit questionable, but the general idea is very
good.

I don't know how possible that is to implement, but I'm happy to cough up
the images of someone is willing.

Me neither, although with the script that changes the LibO version
dynamically already in place, the HTML shouldn't be too complicated.

Astron.