Hi Charles, Marc, all,

On 5/28/2011 1:16 AM, Marc Paré wrote:

---snip 8<---

Sounds more like an opportunity to me. Maybe we should be asking if anyone on the FR mailing list has or could get some shots for us? There must be someone in Paris or even the region who could get us some. Nik could let us know the PNG size he would like.

Sorry, I am off to lunch and to a meeting. Will be back later.

Cheers

Marc

Thanks for the support here Marc.
Any photo taken on a 5+megapixel camera is large enough for even the biggest monitor resolution. So size and format aren't too much of an issue (I can work with RAW files and even prefer that).

More important is the quality of the photo. (Taken on an SLR camera)
If it looks nice to begin with, my job is easier.
Just like when you give a chef the best cut of wagyu steak and he delivers you to grilled-beef heaven. =)

To be more specific: short depth-of-field / interesting subject / rule of thirds / plenty of croppable surrounding area / landmarks / bokeh / light-streaks / long-exposures all make for good High-quality photographs. If you can't procure some easily, leave it to me and I'll jump online and find a CC public-domain image we can use. I'm not without my sources =)

-Nik