 Hi Charles,

Okay - one of the parts where communication is crucial...

Charles-H. Schulz schrieb:
[...] Bernhard,

2011/5/27 Bernhard Dippold<bernhard@familie-dippold.at>

[...]

There has not been any agreement on a final draft by the Design
Team.

Without this agreement there is no official logo.

[...]

So please tell us a deadline when you need the final logo (but let
us at least three days to decide internally) and you'll get a
conference logo you can call "official".

The deadline would be this evening. We need to hurry up on the
conference preparations...

Without further notice about this deadline we haven't been able to fulfill your unmentioned needs.

If it is that crucial for the organizers to have a logo before Monday morning, I can't do anything.

We haven't been lazy during the last two and a half week - but such a deadline can't be met, not even by a corporate team (where you wouldn't have been able to pick up one internal proposal for external use).

What I can tell you is:

We're going to have a short poll on the logo running the next 48 hours and try to provide you with a final logo before Monday morning.

If your team starts working based on one of the logos in the meantime, we can't hinder them, as all the proposals in the wiki are open accessible and properly licensed (at least I hope so - don't know if everybody checked the license when uploading his files).

If the team decides to propose a different logo from the one you picked already as official logo we will support your team in integrating this logo in the work they already did during the weekend.

This approach would allow the Design Team to behave like a team of experts instead of a group of school children where the teacher picks the image he likes most and pins it to the blackboard...

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: I start a new thread for the poll...