Hi Jan, all!

Just a short question ...

Hi Bernhard,

On 2011-05-18 at 23:48 +0200, Bernhard Dippold wrote:

It's not at all a final design - not even a mockup.

It's just a visual brainstorming:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Adapt-o-meter.png

This is great - serving a big different purpose than I originally
thought, though :-)  It is very well graphically explaining the overall
picture, but I thought more of a tag that you 'see and know'.

John's original idea was to have something easy, with high impact, that
makes your decision in up to 5 seconds.  Something like "I feel more
like a corporate user; OK, I'll choose 3.3.2".  That's what I hope the
'adopt-o-meter' could do.

Mmh, the adopt-o-meter shows it nicely (which is good), but the decision
itself has to be done by the user (how to select the desired LibO
version, where do I find it, ...).

Can this be somehow aligned with the download selector on the website?
Something like:
      * "Official Release, for home and office use" --> default
      * "Highly stable, for corporate use"
      * "Newest Features, for early adopters"

So, the users may decide - but don't need to. And the decision to go for
(e.g.) stability is directly tied to a certain version - no additional
lookups.

Well, now I should shut up again. Officially, I'm not even here ;-)))

Cheers,
Christoph