Steve Edmonds wrote:

On 27/04/11 8:25 AM, Christoph Noack wrote:
Still the point is - why do people need to add more styles? I think the
number of styles is quite sufficient, but maybe the defaults are
unwanted ... don't know.
Since discovering styles I use them all the time. I have styles for
various manuals and parts of manuals and text in tables, etc. so the
appearance is consistent. It is definitely necessary to add more styles.
What is not so clear is managing retention of styles, so that the styles
I create and apply to one document are available for the next, and
especially through an upgrade of LO from one version to the next.
steve

Steve,

Styles are applied to a document so they are stored in the document. The way to have styles for use is to create a template for that type of document. If want all your styles available at start up add them to the default template and they are there.

Andy