Hi Nik, all!

Am Dienstag, den 15.03.2011, 02:08 +1100 schrieb Nik:
This is a big task with small benefit.

Here, I'm afraid we see it quite differently.
This is a small task (short time frame by conventional standard, and
not
very resource-intensive) with a big benefit (it will strengthen the
brand once adopted and implemented consistently, give non-Design
members
something to base work on, it will provide an additional tool for
Design
members to create works from, it will define a look and feel that can
be
used to identify the project visually, easily).

I really tried to come up with something today, but I have to say, that
I'm not satisfied with my ideas so far ... but no need to worry on my
side :-) With the given designs on the wiki page, I feel safe :-) So,
thanks a lot to all the contributors.

To emphasize what the others already said - quite amazing ideas you've
provided in the wiki. Each of the designs has its own appeal, an own
identity and its own meaning (to me).

One additional thing ... I also have a personal favorite (Scatter), but
it seems to be a bit troublesome with regard to the "letterhead"
approach. I fear that the addressee and the upper part of the text might
be hard to read. Maybe this is also valid for other "contexts" (Splash,
Website, Writer Background, ...).

Might it be useful to e.g. vote for a version (from whatever author) and
create two more examples before doing a final decision which will have
some impact on the whole project? Of course, I'll try to help here.

Cheers,
Christoph